How Oil Recycling Works
MCG Energy promotes the reuse and recycling of motor oil into a valuable, cost efficient and environmentally responsible new source of energy.
- Oil for recycling is collected by certified staff and vehicles from automotive dealerships, repair facilities and chains of quick-oil-change shops.
- Thanks to an advanced on-board filtration system, the oil is filtered while being loaded into the collection vehicle.
- EPA regulations prohibit the mixing of oil with any other substances. The oil is brought to a certified Oil Recycling Facility where is must pass a stringent set of recycling requirements including flash, halogens and BS&W before it can be transferred to a processing tank.
- The oil is then sent to an EPA certified lab where it is tested a second time to check for Arsenic, Chromium, Lead, Cadmium, PCBs, Halogens and Flash. Only after the EPA lab has certified that the oil meets both local and federal standards can the processing continue.
- The next step involves separating any water out of the oil using a gravity phase separation that ensures water content is minimized to <5% BS&W.
- The oil is then pumped into an EPT FlexiTank that is securely fitted into a 20 foot shipping container. Each container holds approximately 20 metric tonnes (6,300 US Gallons).
- The container is sealed and is ready to ship anywhere in the world.
Oil Management System
MCG Energy supplies the following for all shipments of oil :
- MSDS and specification sheets supplied on all oil.
- Oil is tested by EPA laboratories at time of collection.
- Oil is also tested at the authorized storage facility.
- MCG Energy submits oil for independent lab test (SGS).
- All oil is certified non-hazardous.
- Oil samples are supplied to each client before an order is processed.
- Depending on size of the order, a sample is pulled as requested by the client, at least every 1,000 metric tons.
- Daily reporting of production status via email.
- Inventory is approximately 160 containers (3'785'000 Litres / 1 million US gallons) with a consistent supply to replenish this.
- Test shipments consisting of a few containers are possible.
- Ability to fulfill monthly orders of between 1,000 to 6,000 metric tons.
- Annual contracts available for quantities to meet your requirements.